Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

limiting photo sharing

Hi

I would like to know how the stop my 7yo granddaughters iPad from sharing my photo library.

I would like to stop her having access to my photos and stop her from adding to my photo library on my Apple devices.

Most post on this subject are aimed at helping people to share, not to stop them from sharing, thanks in anticipation.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 2:58 AM

4 replies

Jun 3, 2021 6:47 AM in response to Hotglove

Hey Hotglove,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though you and your granddaughter may be sharing the same Apple ID on your devices which will share your data between the two of you. You will need to sign her out of your Apple ID and create a new Apple ID for her. You can do this on her phone by going to Settings > Your Name at the top > Sign out at the bottom of the page.

To create a new Apple ID follow the steps in this article: How to create a new Apple ID.

Best Wishes

Jun 3, 2021 6:53 AM in response to Hotglove

Are you sharing an AppleID? If so, this is the cause of your problem.

If all your devices are sharing a common AppleID for iCloud, you’ll encounter all kinds of issues with unintentional and/or unwanted sharing of sensitive/private information (including Messages).

The Golden Rule: Don’t share an AppleID between users. Each user should have their own AppleID for their own exclusive use - linked to their own primary email (and secondary/recovery email addresses and trusted telephone numbers). 

You would be best advised to separate your digital identities and configure a new AppleID for other users. If setting-up AppleID for a minor, you should set-up Family Sharing first - and create the AppleID for your Daughter from there.

You may find this information to be helpful with setting-up an AppleID for a minor - and considering appropriate controls:

Apple for Kids - Official Apple Support

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child – Apple Support

After separating your identities, should you choose to do so, you can continue to selectively share purchased Apple Services, Subscriptions, Apps and Media using Apple’s Family Sharing features. Also consider the use of Parental Control features.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPad - Apple Support

Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

https://www.imore.com/how-set-up-family-sharing-iphone-ipad

limiting photo sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.