Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 need to reset passcode but don't have a computer

does anyone know if i can rest this iphone 6 i just bought off of a buddy he left and did not tell the passcode on it and i dont have a computer or any other devices i can use to get the passcode off of the phone the only thing i can do is if it will work reset my i phone 6 manually if i cant do it that way

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 5:49 AM

You will need to restore it through iTunes on a computer. That is the only way to get past a forgotten passcode. Start here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306. You may still have problems if your friend did not sign out of the Apple ID activation lock. If the phone has an activation lock, you will never be able to use it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2021 5:49 AM in response to kingdylan5536

You will need to restore it through iTunes on a computer. That is the only way to get past a forgotten passcode. Start here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306. You may still have problems if your friend did not sign out of the Apple ID activation lock. If the phone has an activation lock, you will never be able to use it.

Jun 2, 2021 4:56 AM in response to kingdylan5536

hi there,

perhaps you could call or get in contact with your friend and ask him for the password

to factory reset an iPhone follow these steps:

Tap Settings > General > Reset

Then tap Erase All Content and Settings. 

If asked, enter your passcode or Apple ID password

Then confirm that you want to erase your device. Forgot your passcode or Apple ID?

Wait for your device to erase

Depending on your device, it can take a few minutes to completely erase your data. 

good luck!

iPhone 6 need to reset passcode but don't have a computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.