Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spectrum app Problem

I am using Spectrum app on my Apple TV (Model A1625(32 GB)). I am getting code AFE-1004 frequently. This happens about every minute. I reloaded the app but still have the issue.

There is no issue with the internet on my MacBook Air or on my phone

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 7:22 AM

The Spectrum TV app is giving the error, so Spectrum should be able to help you diagnose it.

xFE-1004 is listed as “Check Connection”, where the first letter stands for a specific device; probably ‘A’ for Apple TV box.

It probably means that the app suspects that it isn’t connected to the internet.

If other apps connect to internet just fine, then reset the app:

• Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  • If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  • If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
  • If the issue still persists, then you did all you could, and then Spectrum will have to fix their app.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2021 7:22 AM in response to jeffnudi

The Spectrum TV app is giving the error, so Spectrum should be able to help you diagnose it.

xFE-1004 is listed as “Check Connection”, where the first letter stands for a specific device; probably ‘A’ for Apple TV box.

It probably means that the app suspects that it isn’t connected to the internet.

If other apps connect to internet just fine, then reset the app:

• Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  • If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  • If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
  • If the issue still persists, then you did all you could, and then Spectrum will have to fix their app.

Jun 2, 2021 7:41 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I tried everything that is suggested above with no change in the problem. So, out of frustration, I tried something that I hate to do, because it is always a solution that my Windows devices recommend to fix a recurring problem. I UNPLUGGED THE POWER FROM THE Apple TV. I have not had the problem. SO I have to wonder, is the problem with Spectrum or with Apple TV?

Spectrum app Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.