Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to delete an app, but now I cannot due to iOS. It is causing my bank account to block itself.

I need to delete an app on my iphone XR, but the new ios does not allow this. The application is from my bank and is causing problems on allowing me to log into my account. How can I delete this!

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 8:01 AM

5 replies

Jun 3, 2021 9:37 AM in response to aggie83

Hello aggie83,

It sounds like you are having trouble deleting an app. We see you came to us from the article Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch which is can be very helpful for this.

Here are some other resources that can help:

See if this article on removing apps helps Remove apps from iPhone

• Note: You can remove any third-party app as well as select Apple built-in apps.
  • There's a difference between removing the app from the Home Screen and deleting the app.

Also check out this YouTube video from Apple Support How to delete and reinstall apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you are still facing trouble removing it, Restart your iPhone and try it again.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

Jun 3, 2021 11:42 AM in response to Vero_F1

Thanks. My options do not include deleting the application, on an application! When I touch an icon and it starts to jiggle, they have a minus sign, not an 'x'. If I click the X, it allows me to put it in the library. For items in the library, it only allows me to put them back on a home screen.

I have restarted my phone twice with no joy.

I need to delete an app, but now I cannot due to iOS. It is causing my bank account to block itself.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.