Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

View text messages on icloud

How do I view my text messages in iCloud? I’m trying to view texts that are deleted off my phone but they should be saved in my iCloud right?

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 7:46 AM

chevy421 wrote:

How do I view my text messages in iCloud? I’m trying to view texts that are deleted off my phone but they should be saved in my iCloud right?

No. If you are syncing text messages with iCloud, when you delete them from your device, you delete them from iCloud as well. iCloud is a syncing service. It is not off device storage.

Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

Here's how it works
Messages in iCloud are updated automatically, so you always have the same view everywhere you use iMessage. When you delete a message, photo, or conversation on one device, it’s removed from all of your devices. And since all of your attachments are stored in iCloud, you can save space on your device.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2021 7:46 AM in response to chevy421

chevy421 wrote:

No. If you are syncing text messages with iCloud, when you delete them from your device, you delete them from iCloud as well. iCloud is a syncing service. It is not off device storage.

Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

Here's how it works
Messages in iCloud are updated automatically, so you always have the same view everywhere you use iMessage. When you delete a message, photo, or conversation on one device, it’s removed from all of your devices. And since all of your attachments are stored in iCloud, you can save space on your device.

View text messages on icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.