Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot access iCloud account using Safari browser

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 4:35 PM

I phoned Apple and a senior supervisor walked me through all the steps short of erasing and re-installing. What I believe is the problem for me is that I have an older MacBook pro that has Safari 13.1.2 and cannot be updated to the latest Safari update which is 14.1.

Consequently, I am unable to access iCloud with Safari. I downloaded and installed Firefox browser and everything works fine. Just have to remember to unclick any firewalls so that Firefox can install.

Same thing for my iPad which is an older iPad and Safari cannot be updated just like on my older MacBook Pro.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2021 4:35 PM in response to bettyfromst. george

I phoned Apple and a senior supervisor walked me through all the steps short of erasing and re-installing. What I believe is the problem for me is that I have an older MacBook pro that has Safari 13.1.2 and cannot be updated to the latest Safari update which is 14.1.

Consequently, I am unable to access iCloud with Safari. I downloaded and installed Firefox browser and everything works fine. Just have to remember to unclick any firewalls so that Firefox can install.

Same thing for my iPad which is an older iPad and Safari cannot be updated just like on my older MacBook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.