Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone says it’s unable to connect to my hone Wi-Fi network because it’s not considered secure. It was working fine before. Is there a setting I need to change to be able to connect to my home Wi-Fi again?

My phone says it’s unable to connect to my hone Wi-Fi network because it’s not considered secure. It was working fine before. Is there a setting I need to change to be able to connect to my home Wi-Fi again?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 6:46 PM

You are getting this message because your router is not set to the latest security settings. The router's manual should tell you how to change its settings. If not, you can search for your router's make and model on the web to find out how to change settings. If your router is provided by your cellular service, you need to contact them to make the changes. These are the settings recommended by Apple....

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2021 6:46 PM in response to stefini192

You are getting this message because your router is not set to the latest security settings. The router's manual should tell you how to change its settings. If not, you can search for your router's make and model on the web to find out how to change settings. If your router is provided by your cellular service, you need to contact them to make the changes. These are the settings recommended by Apple....

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.