You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar app on iPhone 7plus

Out of nowhere my phone notified me that I have an event coming up using the calendar app. I was getting my kids ready for bed not even using my phone. Then a few minutes later it dings again and says my phone is at risk for viruses and I need to add malware immediately. I was too nervous to open it so I left it alone but now it sends me the same notification every 5 minutes telling me I have 60 minutes then 55 minutes then 50 minute and so on to get protection or my phone is doomed. This is the same calendar app that came equipped with my phone, so what’s happened or happening? I erased the app anyway but I’m still getting those notifications

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 7:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 7:19 PM

If running iOS 13 or earlier versions, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

The Apple support article is below. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211076

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 2, 2021 7:19 PM in response to Lip469

If running iOS 13 or earlier versions, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

The Apple support article is below. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211076

Calendar app on iPhone 7plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.