Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 4 battery not charging

Hi everyone,

Yesterday night my iPad Air 4th generation suddenly turned off by itself and came back on. The battery indicator was showing red color without any percentage number. I tried charging it multiple time (charged using original adapter and cable for 1 hour, charged overnight using power-bank and original USB cable) but it didn't make a difference. I also tried charging it after turning off the device.

I also tried resetting the device multiple time along with hard rebooting it.

It's a brand new device with only 3 months of usage. Did anyone face a similar issue?

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 2:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 4:45 AM

If you are experiencing difficulties charging your iPad, these support pages should help with troubleshooting:

Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

If your iPad won't charge – Apple Support

If you are unable to resolve the problem, you would be well advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support. You will find the Get Support link at top-right of this page.

Alternatively, you might visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad, Power Adapter and cable(s). Making a reservation is recommended:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2021 4:45 AM in response to sumyth7

If you are experiencing difficulties charging your iPad, these support pages should help with troubleshooting:

Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

If your iPad won't charge – Apple Support

If you are unable to resolve the problem, you would be well advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support. You will find the Get Support link at top-right of this page.

Alternatively, you might visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad, Power Adapter and cable(s). Making a reservation is recommended:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad Air 4 battery not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.