Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X screen stuck while phone still works

I recently bought an iPhone X that was refurbished from BackMarket.com and it has worked great for multiple months. However while I was on vacation and listening to a podcast while using the gps to drive the screen started only showing the attached image. It would still play the podcast but I couldn’t click off this screen. I tried to reset it using the method where you press volume up and then volume down and then the power button on the side but that didn’t work. And I tried pressing all three buttons at once for extended period of time and ended up calling the police multiple times by accident. The phone screen will turn off but when touched on the screen or when I hit the power side button it will show the same image or flash the image like a strobe. If I swipe up the phone will do the little vibration thing it Used to do when I am trying to unlock the phone. And I can tap the screen where the password numbers are and it will vibrate when I get the password wrong. But The screen never changes from the image that I have here. It’s like the the phone is still active behind the image on the screen that it is showing me. What should I do?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 8:48 AM

Try the following a few times. If that does not work you will probably not have the option of visiting Apple repair if the phone was opened up by a third party.

Refurb at Apple is totally remanufactured. . Seller refurbs vary from a quick polish, to a mixture of used and fake parts.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2021 8:48 AM in response to Iphone1930

Try the following a few times. If that does not work you will probably not have the option of visiting Apple repair if the phone was opened up by a third party.

Refurb at Apple is totally remanufactured. . Seller refurbs vary from a quick polish, to a mixture of used and fake parts.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

iPhone X screen stuck while phone still works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.