Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my iPhone legally imported to Ukraine?

Hello, I want to know, Is my phone legally imported to Ukraine?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 8:46 AM

14 replies

Jun 3, 2021 9:46 AM in response to Alina0312

Alina0312 wrote:

MQ9M2J/A
It can be legally imported in Ukraine?

That depends what you mean by “legal”. Gray market phones (which is what it is) are routinely sold around the world, so they are only legal (or illegal) as defined in the laws of the country where you live, Ukraine in your case. I doubt anyone in this user-to-user forum has the expertise on Ukraine law to answer the question of legality. And that question includes whether the phone must be registered with the government, and also whether import duty must be paid on it.

There’s also a practical question. iPhone warranties are only valid in the country where the phone was destined to be sold, so there is no warranty from Apple on the phone in Ukraine. If it ever needs to be fixed by Apple it must be presented to Apple in Japan. You can still get it repaired by a local shop, but Apple will not touch it.

Is my iPhone legally imported to Ukraine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.