Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are the microphone(s) on my iPhone SE model A1662?

I ask and include my model number because the answers I've seen do not differentiate between the iPhone SE, the iPhone SE (2nd Gen), and "iPhone". I see one microphone between the back camera and light but supposedly there is a second microphone to the left of the charge jack (which I take to be the lightning socket) that I cannot find. The accessory Kardia Mobile that I'm considering requires access to the microphone(s) to work properly. I hope someone can clear up the confusion for me. Thanks!

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 1:33 PM

The main microphone on all iPhones is the grille to the left of the Lightning port on the bottom of the phone. Some newer phones have a second mic on the back near the camera that works with the noise cancellation feature, including the SE 2020.

For your Kardia app put the sensor just below the phone, and use it in a quiet environment, because the sensor communicates with the app via audio.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2021 1:33 PM in response to aubrey203

The main microphone on all iPhones is the grille to the left of the Lightning port on the bottom of the phone. Some newer phones have a second mic on the back near the camera that works with the noise cancellation feature, including the SE 2020.

For your Kardia app put the sensor just below the phone, and use it in a quiet environment, because the sensor communicates with the app via audio.

Jun 3, 2021 3:25 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Well, thank you but I remain unsure. I have the first iPhone SE model and there is a microphone hole on the back between the camera and light. To both the left and right of the lightning connector are what I assume are speaker grills and wouldn't seem logical that a microphone would be placed there in one of the 26 grill holes. My phone doesn't seem to match your description although I do appreciate now knowing why there would be two microphones in the first place. If my phone is flat on a table, the back microphone would be blocked from the Kardio Mobile unit, so I'm trying to ID if and where the second microphone is located, to make sure my phone case has an opening for the Kardio sound(?).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.