Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File available from multiple Finder folders without being duplicated, Possible?

Hi, Is there a way to have a file (lets say an MP4 or a JPEG) be available for access and use from multiple finder folders without it actually being duplicated multiple times. Just like the way you can create playlists in the Apple Music App and Apple TV Apps on Mac without the files actually being duplicated.

Any ideas are welcome and many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Paul.

Mac mini, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 5:20 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 3, 2021 9:37 PM in response to mrpaulmcdonald

Hi again Barney,

I hope I'm not asking too much here but you may also be able to help with this little hiccup i've come across since you introduced me to Alias shortcuts.

The original folder icon has been edited to show a .jpg image instead of the standard blue folder. The Alias folder does not retain this .jpg image but merely shows a blue folder with the little arrow up to indicate it's a shortcut and when trying to simply re copy and paste it into the "Get info" tab folder icon it does not take. Any ideas?

Cheers again!

File available from multiple Finder folders without being duplicated, Possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.