Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new router WPA/WPA2 is not secure and has been configured to suggested WPA2(AES) and there is still anote that is not secure.My IPad Air2 is 7 years old and is working great. Is it safe for doing banking on line?

My new router WPA/WPA2 is not secure and has been configured to suggested WPA2(AES) and my IPad Air 2 still shows in Settings that Security is weak. Can I do banking on line and not to worry?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 3:31 AM

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Consider more secure wifi configuration.

Change your router’s WiFi to use WPA2-AES (CCMP) with no WPA or TKIP. Updating this setting ensures that your devices always connect in one encryption mode

1. TKIP is obsolete and not considered secure. Choose WPA2, the latest encryption standard, with AES encryption for optimal security
  2. If your router doesn’t specify TKIP or AES, the WPA2 option probably uses AES

See the pics below

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2021 3:31 AM in response to ewa232

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Consider more secure wifi configuration.

Change your router’s WiFi to use WPA2-AES (CCMP) with no WPA or TKIP. Updating this setting ensures that your devices always connect in one encryption mode

1. TKIP is obsolete and not considered secure. Choose WPA2, the latest encryption standard, with AES encryption for optimal security
  2. If your router doesn’t specify TKIP or AES, the WPA2 option probably uses AES

See the pics below

My new router WPA/WPA2 is not secure and has been configured to suggested WPA2(AES) and there is still anote that is not secure.My IPad Air2 is 7 years old and is working great. Is it safe for doing banking on line?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.