Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv 4K not working

Apple TV 4k not starting as soon as i plug in the power cable it slowly blink for 10 seconds then the light start blinking very fast. i watched so many videos on how to restart it and could not get it fixed. some videos recommended that i plug it in mac book via USB or HDMI. i'm not sure at this time if the unit is dead and need replacement. any tips or advise is very much appreciated.

thank you,

kattanw.

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 10:47 AM

When a restart by re-connecting the power cord doesn’t help, then the Apple TV likely will need to have its system software restored externally. Unfortunately, users can’t do this themselves for the 4K model (no USB port). So contact Apple Support for a solution (possibly bring or send the unit to Apple).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2021 10:47 AM in response to kattanw

When a restart by re-connecting the power cord doesn’t help, then the Apple TV likely will need to have its system software restored externally. Unfortunately, users can’t do this themselves for the 4K model (no USB port). So contact Apple Support for a solution (possibly bring or send the unit to Apple).

Apple tv 4K not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.