Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This Song is Not Currently Available in Your Country or Region

I went through the steps of going to settings, confirming my region, entering my CC info, etc., but there are still songs that give this message when I try to play them. The majority are songs I purchased via iTunes, but there are a few I imported from CD's I purchased a number of years ago. What should I try next? I really want to listen to my whole library.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 11:40 AM

I'm sorry to read about the issues you are facing with certain songs you wish to listen to, not being available in your country or region, I hate it when this happens so I will try my best to help you.

Songs can become available and blocked in a region at any time down to licensing, for example, a song I like, Chameleon by Michela Pace is available on Apple Music in Mainland Europe, but not in the United Kingdom where I live. This is ultimately up to the distributors of the song (record label etc) to make it available, and eventually, a song that was once available can become unavailable at a later date, and vice versa.

The following article might help > If your songs are greyed out

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2021 11:40 AM in response to jahschwah1997

I'm sorry to read about the issues you are facing with certain songs you wish to listen to, not being available in your country or region, I hate it when this happens so I will try my best to help you.

Songs can become available and blocked in a region at any time down to licensing, for example, a song I like, Chameleon by Michela Pace is available on Apple Music in Mainland Europe, but not in the United Kingdom where I live. This is ultimately up to the distributors of the song (record label etc) to make it available, and eventually, a song that was once available can become unavailable at a later date, and vice versa.

The following article might help > If your songs are greyed out

This Song is Not Currently Available in Your Country or Region

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.