Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I enter in the outgoing mail server area when I’m trying to change the email account

What do I enter in the “outgoing mail server” portion in setting up a new email acct?

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 11:20 AM

Different email providers have different Mail Servers and, very often, different settings. You need to check the settings with your own email provider. Your provider is likely to have a help page that lists the explicit settings.

If you are experiencing difficulties, you might find it far simpler to add a new account from scratch - and allow the setup wizard to work out the settings for you.

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2021 11:20 AM in response to Katiehll

Different email providers have different Mail Servers and, very often, different settings. You need to check the settings with your own email provider. Your provider is likely to have a help page that lists the explicit settings.

If you are experiencing difficulties, you might find it far simpler to add a new account from scratch - and allow the setup wizard to work out the settings for you.

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

What do I enter in the outgoing mail server area when I’m trying to change the email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.