Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you permanent delete one email address for a contact that they no longer use?

How do you permanent delete one email address for a contact that they no longer use?

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 4:36 PM

Then see what I worked in my post above. I copied and listed it for you here.

If it is an address that appears when you start to type in the To: field when composing an email, tap the blue “I” next to the email address, then swipe down in the next window and tap Remove From Recents.

These are screenshots on my iPad, but the process works the same way on the iPhone.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2021 4:36 PM in response to azstorm

Then see what I worked in my post above. I copied and listed it for you here.

If it is an address that appears when you start to type in the To: field when composing an email, tap the blue “I” next to the email address, then swipe down in the next window and tap Remove From Recents.

These are screenshots on my iPad, but the process works the same way on the iPhone.

Jun 4, 2021 1:37 PM in response to azstorm

azstorm wrote:

The same way that you delete any contact information. Edit the contact and save it. Is that not working for you? If not, you need to explain in more detail.

Jun 4, 2021 3:36 PM in response to Demo

I have deleted the old email address in the person’s contact info. However, every time I start to send a new email to that person, both email addresses appear as options to choose. I can’t see the old email address anywhere in my Contact list so I don’t know why or where it is still being stored

Jun 29, 2021 5:52 AM in response to Demo

My wife is having exactly this problem which we have solved in the past as instructed above with the red “Remove From Recents”. However, now, she is not offered the “Remove From Recents” option. We both have iOS 14.6. Mine works, hers does not. Hers does not work on both her iPhone and iPad. Is this an iCloud thing?

Jun 29, 2021 10:13 AM in response to Demo

I think I fixed it. This bogus email address keeps coming up in the TO: field. It had a blue “i”info tag, but pressing that no red “Remove From Recents” was an option. So I then sent a bogus email to this bogus address, which is sure to fail delivery.

Then when typing in the To: field in a new email, the blue “i “ and the red “Remove From Recents” both appear.

The bogus address seems to be gone now.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.