Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAC OS UPDATE

Does anyone know if iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2015) running Sierra can be upgraded/updated to High Sierra or later?

thanks

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 3:39 PM

13 replies

Jun 4, 2021 6:57 PM in response to babowa

babowa Said:

[...]the information regarding needing to upgrade to 10.13 first in order to upgrade to Big Sur is simply not correct.[...]

———-

Installing this One-By-One:

You have me wondering if I may be mis-comprehending(so-to-speak) the OP. I am comprehending it as though they want to know with which macOS it is compatible with. So, what I’m getting at is to install the macOS one-by-one (as they work their way up with the macOS version chain, later-and-later). And then stop once incompatibility comes about.

Is that how you are comprehending it?

Jun 4, 2021 7:11 PM in response to TheLittles

No it isn’t. You’ve posted this information before even though the question was different and it is still incorrect - sorry. the point is that it is obviously compatible with anything up to and including big Sur. You are very clearly saying that one needs to upgrade to HS before proceeding higher - which is wrong.

Jun 5, 2021 9:06 AM in response to babowa

Our personal preferences do not come into play here. The advise offered was to look out for the user - first. After all, that is what the ASC Forums are here for.

As originally stated " In technical terms Yes it can go Sierra to Big Sur ". The caveat was to alert to ROM Updates involved.

As for " If that were the case, then why does Apple not include that information in their release notes? " we know that question can only be answered by the Source.

MAC OS UPDATE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.