Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone

Why did many of my contacts disappear? I have to create new contacts for them! But, when I do a search, “Siri found in apps” pops up with their name but I still have to create a new contact. Ridiculous...

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 7:29 PM

not_made_like_the_olde_days Said!:

"my iPhone: Why did many of my contacts disappear? I have to create new contacts for them! But, when I do a search, “Siri found in apps” pops up with their name but I still have to create a new contact. Ridiculous..."

-------

Two Things:

A. Enable Contacts in iCloud:

Is Contacts enabled in iCloud Settings? If not, then enable it, and see if they pop up:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: your name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

B. Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this occurrence? If so, then restore your iPhone from it. If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always backup your device prior to making any major change to it(which may be the case here). Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this installation, should anything go wrong from here on out.

Oh, and a third thing...

Love the profile name!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2021 7:29 PM in response to not_made_like_the_olde_days

not_made_like_the_olde_days Said!:

"my iPhone: Why did many of my contacts disappear? I have to create new contacts for them! But, when I do a search, “Siri found in apps” pops up with their name but I still have to create a new contact. Ridiculous..."

-------

Two Things:

A. Enable Contacts in iCloud:

Is Contacts enabled in iCloud Settings? If not, then enable it, and see if they pop up:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: your name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

B. Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this occurrence? If so, then restore your iPhone from it. If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always backup your device prior to making any major change to it(which may be the case here). Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this installation, should anything go wrong from here on out.

Oh, and a third thing...

Love the profile name!

Jun 5, 2021 10:17 AM in response to TheLittles

Thank-you very much for the information. As a baby-boomer, I'm not hip; well, not yet. Daily, I learn something about this iPhone, computer, life! My name reflects what I think about machines, people, etc.... I have a Sears washer and dryer that is nearly 30 years old. Yeah, it may not be computerized and stand on a pedestal and cost $2,000. but it's a simple machine that only needs a band-aid if it coughs. lol Thanks again. I'll be submitting a new question soon...

my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.