Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote won't connect to Music library after upgrade to Big Sur 11.4

We have two iPhone 12 Pro Max phones, and only just today upgraded to iOS14.6. My iMac Pro was running Big Sur 11.2 until last week, and after the update the Apple Remote no longer connects to the Music library using manual settings. It says "Connecting to library" with the spinning icon, and the screen goes to sleep before it can find the system. I can enter the code to the Music app on the iMac, and the iPhone acts like it's connecting, but nothing happens.

I've rebooted the iMac, the router, the phones, still the same. I've removed and reinstalled the app, still no connection. Home Sharing does not connect, either. I realize the Remote app has not been updated in a great while, but am I just sort of out of luck on this one?

iMac Pro, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 8:06 PM

Similar questions

14 replies

Jun 5, 2021 2:31 PM in response to sumyung gai

Hello sumyung gai! Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that the iTunes Remote app is not working to control your iTunes library on your Mac from your iPhone. We'd like to look into this with you to see how we can help.

First, let's make sure all the necessary steps have been taken to set up the iTunes Remote app to work for iTunes on your iMac: Set up the iTunes Remote app for Music on Mac

If the issue persists, let us know if this also happens when trying to use the iTunes Remote app from another iOS device.

Make it a great day!

Apple Remote won't connect to Music library after upgrade to Big Sur 11.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.