Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021) Screen Not Level Crooked

Hi, I got the new iMac M1 24 Inch today and I was feeling the screen was crooked in the right bottom, 1mm is not much but enough to feel it, anybody else got the same problem?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 8:53 PM

15 replies

Jun 16, 2021 1:52 AM in response to jgpsolo

In terms of tolerances, this works out as a tilt of less than 1/3 of a degree…so it’s probably well within limits.

Manufacturing tolerances for the aluminium components will be very precise, for the silicon feet, probably more generous, so this could even contribute to this sub-1-degree tilt.

Looking back, you’ll see similar threads with people finding a tilt on the iMacs of previous generations. It’s probably ‘normal’. I had my old iMac for nearly 10 years and never noticed a tilt, but I’m almost certain if I measured it, there would be a slight disparity.

Hope this helps.

Jul 3, 2021 3:32 PM in response to pierreokivier

I took mine to the Apple Store and was told I had two options. The first was to let the technician open the machine (involves removing the glue on the front of the screen), inspect the five mounting screws and the alignment pins, and order parts as necessary. The second was to get a refund and order a new machine, which I did. My machine had a tilt of 2/8 inch, which is very unsatisfactory. Some people on here are saying a millimeter or two is perfectly within tolerance, but I disagree. I can get a $200 cheap Chinese laptop at Best Buy and it won’t have this problem. Cheap materials, yes but not alignment problems with the main display.

Jul 9, 2021 3:12 AM in response to pierreokivier

I have the same issue (3 mm difference) and so took my new iMac to my local Apple shop. Apple staff confirmed my iMac screen is not level and when the staff also measured the iMacs on display in the store they discovered a number of their display models also have the same issue (to varying degrees). A few phone calls later I was advised that this is an "emerging" issue and there is no current fix. I couldn't swap for a new one as there is no guarantee that a new iMac won't have the same issue. Don't know where to go from here...

Jul 11, 2021 6:35 AM in response to Poptones

@Poptones I would take it back to the Apple Store, get a refund/exchange, and order another one. If that one is defective, then take it back, get a refund/exchange and just keep doing that. Enough people do that then Apple will surely get the message. It’s hard to believe Apple didn’t know about this in the initial production stage. Who is responsible for quality control? Apple should devote more time to these issues rather than building multibillion dollar spaceship headquarters.

Jul 11, 2021 11:35 AM in response to Mestipheles

i believe they are all like this i seen a brand new one the other day in Costco looked to be made out of plastic , seem apple went cheap on this design and they are all lopsided , this one was siting by a old intel one and hard to believe the old intel design looked better and was straight not lopsided at all. makes me wonder why apple switched designed from aluminum to plastic , and a bad mold or bad construction if you ask me. i have a late 2015 model i'm using it now and its straight as a arrow .

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021) Screen Not Level Crooked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.