Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini flickering screen

Just bought a Mac Mini with the M1 chip, connected to my Samsung monitor and immediatly saw flickering.

Googled it, and learned that many others are experiencing the exact same problem.

Contacted apple support, they responded within minutes - quite impressive!

But not impressive when it comes to helping me. Disregarding the many posts on the internet about this problem, the support person had not heard about it, and could not find any solutions. Other than suggesting a software update or connecting another monitor. None of this helps.

The conclusion from support: Well, maybe the monitor is not compatible with Mini Mac.

I am surprised, that Apple can let a product like this ship!

Unless I can find a solution in this here forum, I have to go through the troubles of returning the product and buying another. This is annoying (and perhaps a trick, to make us all buy IMacs in stead of trying to save money with Mac Mini - Machiavelli would have been pleased).

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 1:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 2:54 AM

I would

1) swap the HDMI port on the Samsung, then

2) replace the HDMI cable with a new, certified cable https://www.hdmi.org/spec/premiumcable. Maybe 1m length so you can distance the monitor a bit more from the mini

Similar questions

10 replies

Jun 8, 2021 4:50 PM in response to troelso

HI I have the same problem, I'm using Dell monitor and connecting through USB-C.

So does this means connecting through HDMI is a better option?

Or should I just try changing the cable as well?

I found that cable have effect on the color, say if I use the Belkin cable that i bought from Apple store, the color will drop by 5-10 percent. This cable I'm using is the cable that came with this Dell monitor which give very bright and full color as expect from a Mac. I tried connecting through HDMI on the first 4-5 days and the quality of monitor is not as good too. This cable is the best for picture quality but it give me flickering screen from time to time.

Mac Mini flickering screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.