Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer cannot be completed

i just bought new iPhone 12 . And I’m trying to transfer my data from my old iPhone to the new iPhone 12

both of the phones are 256 GB

I’m using 238GB and have like 20 GB free

when I’m trying to transfer my data from my old iPhone to the new iPhone (putting them near each other ) after 3 min of transfer it’s stops and saying :” transfer cannot be completed- not enough space

why is that?! I have like 20 free Gb

please help me

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 7:34 AM

1 reply

Jun 6, 2021 9:12 AM in response to berko009

Hello berko009,

Congratulations on your new iPhone 12! Being able to transfer your data from the old iPhone to the new device is very important, and you've come to a great place for help. If you're being prompted that there isn't enough space the next option would be to try transferring data using a different option. You can find the various ways that information can be transferred to your new iPhone in the article below.

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you continue to have issues transferring data due to the storage you may want to manage the storage on your older device to increase the available storage.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Have a wonderful day!

transfer cannot be completed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.