Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to verify update iPad os 14.6 failed because you are no longer connected to the internet

i am able to download os 14.6 but when I hit install, keep getting “unable to very update. iPadOS 14.6 failed because you are not connected to the internet.”

I’ve rebooted the iPad. Killed settings. Uninstalled and reinstalled update. Forgot my network then reconnected. Nothing works. Please help

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 4:14 PM

You should note that for your iPad to install an available update, its battery must be charged to at least 50% capacity - and/or be connected to its Power Adapter. Similarly, the iPad can only be updated over a standard WiFi connection - or be updated by a PC or Mac using iTunes or Finder - over a USB connection.

As a first step, connect your iPad to its Power Adapter - and keep it connected for the entire update procedure. Connecting to the Power Adapter should keep the WiFi connection “alive”.

If you still cannot complete the update from iPad Settings, try updating using a PC or Mac. This method removes reliance upon the iPad WiFi connection.

These Support pages may prove to be helpful:

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2021 4:14 PM in response to Gay617

You should note that for your iPad to install an available update, its battery must be charged to at least 50% capacity - and/or be connected to its Power Adapter. Similarly, the iPad can only be updated over a standard WiFi connection - or be updated by a PC or Mac using iTunes or Finder - over a USB connection.

As a first step, connect your iPad to its Power Adapter - and keep it connected for the entire update procedure. Connecting to the Power Adapter should keep the WiFi connection “alive”.

If you still cannot complete the update from iPad Settings, try updating using a PC or Mac. This method removes reliance upon the iPad WiFi connection.

These Support pages may prove to be helpful:

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

Jun 10, 2021 3:53 PM in response to LotusPilot

This is not helpful whatsoever. As the writer above, I have been trying all possible options with no luck. Reboot, reset settings, reboot the computer, the iPad is not recognized by my iMac in iTunes, surprisingly, and I cannot figure out why.

IPad Air 2 currently running iOS 11.4.1

Imac is 2014 5k 27 Inch running Big Sur.

Connect everything and Nothing.

I have 3 iPads and use them all daily so this is quite the surprise. Looking for answers and please lets not go over the basics like Connected to Power, Above 50%, etc. Let's assume that some are experienced with Apple products without prior issues such as this.

Please advise.

Unable to verify update iPad os 14.6 failed because you are no longer connected to the internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.