Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why my battery is draining so fast in my iphone6

why my battery is draining so fast in my iPhone 6

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 1:43 PM

Batteries are meant to degrade over time, which means after a while they won't hold the same battery capacity of which they used to.

Try going into Settings > Battery > Battery Health > What % are you on? Anything below 80% is a cause of concern. Apple recommends it should take around two years of usage to reach that level.

As the iPhone 6 is an older device, you might want to look at replacing the battery as the battery health will likely be much lower than you've been used to (due to general use over time)

You might also find this helpful as it provides you with useful information on maximising your battery.

Some users have been experiencing an issue with their batteries draining on iOS 14.6, if this is something you have noticed recently since updating your panic, please do not worry. Apple will likely be working on this for a future update.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2021 1:43 PM in response to noushad244

Batteries are meant to degrade over time, which means after a while they won't hold the same battery capacity of which they used to.

Try going into Settings > Battery > Battery Health > What % are you on? Anything below 80% is a cause of concern. Apple recommends it should take around two years of usage to reach that level.

As the iPhone 6 is an older device, you might want to look at replacing the battery as the battery health will likely be much lower than you've been used to (due to general use over time)

You might also find this helpful as it provides you with useful information on maximising your battery.

Some users have been experiencing an issue with their batteries draining on iOS 14.6, if this is something you have noticed recently since updating your panic, please do not worry. Apple will likely be working on this for a future update.

why my battery is draining so fast in my iphone6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.