Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant open apps

Greetings when i click on any app on mac it wont open - even finder - i need to right click on it then open it

can someone tell me how to make open on click -even doubl click also wont open it

only right click and then open

the mouse is working fine

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 10:43 PM

What is the MacBook Pro model?

Does the internal Trackpad works fine?

What type of external mouse (Wired/wireless model)?

For basic troubleshooting try safe mode.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

NoteSafe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, and fonts not installed by macOS. It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility. And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache, which are automatically created again as needed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2021 10:43 PM in response to SamiKaraeen

What is the MacBook Pro model?

Does the internal Trackpad works fine?

What type of external mouse (Wired/wireless model)?

For basic troubleshooting try safe mode.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

NoteSafe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, and fonts not installed by macOS. It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility. And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache, which are automatically created again as needed.

Cant open apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.