You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphones and Carplay not working on pro max

I purchased this iPhone 12 Pro Max a couple weeks ago. About 3 days ago I tried to use my corded Apple headphones and the phone did not even recognize that I plugged them in. I tried another set with the same results. I tried plugging it into my truck to use CarPlay and it did not recognize it. I tried several other cords with no results. I checked for debris but it was clean. I took it to the AT&T store where I bought it and they tried a hard reboot twice and also reset the network settings. Nothing worked. The recommended me taking it to Best Buy and have them look at it since the closest Apple Store is over two hours away. I am extremely hesitant about taking it to Best Buy here due to stories I have heard with bad results.

can someone provide some solid guidance on this please?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 8:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 8:49 PM

Click on the Get Support link at the top right of this page to get in touch with Apple. Be wary of anecdotal stories.

1 reply

Headphones and Carplay not working on pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.