Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendars won't delete

Have had issues with fake messages appearing via Calendars app & followed some steps to prevent this which included deleting certain calendars from the app. Problem is, I delete them and then confirm deletion but they still show . Can anybody help with this?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 4:07 AM

Are you seeing something as shown in the pic below? This is neither a hack nor a virus. It is spam and you can get rid of it. Read below...

You need to unsubscribe the Calendar

Then probably you have accepted an offer or subscribed for a spam Calendar accidentally. Watch the GIF below to know how to unsubscribe from these alerts. Look for an unknown Calendar on the device under subscribed calendars.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2021 4:07 AM in response to shelannie

Are you seeing something as shown in the pic below? This is neither a hack nor a virus. It is spam and you can get rid of it. Read below...

You need to unsubscribe the Calendar

Then probably you have accepted an offer or subscribed for a spam Calendar accidentally. Watch the GIF below to know how to unsubscribe from these alerts. Look for an unknown Calendar on the device under subscribed calendars.

Jun 6, 2021 4:09 AM in response to shelannie

Did you follow the steps in here?

Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone - Apple Support

If followed those steps and the calendars keep coming back, you might want to take a look at this. You may also want to avoid any questionable website that may be causing problems.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Jun 6, 2021 4:53 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for very comprehensive response. I saw this online and tried it but the calendar in question wouldn't delete! I contacted apple and it transpired that there had been an update I missed - 14.6 , I think so they said install that and try again. Am in process of installing that then I will repeat steps 🤞🏻Thanks again

Calendars won't delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.