Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K 2021 model audio sync issues with home sharing from iMac

I’m having audio sync issues through home sharing videos from iMac on new 4K Apple TV 2021 model with latest version software installed. I have 2 Apple TV 3rd gen and never an audio sync issue on same wifi network from same iMac. A quick rewind or fast forward puts audio in sync again till it goes out of sync again in about 5min. Audio also cuts out at times…have to stop and start, restart devise. Same thing with using wireless AirPod Pro through Bluetooth, sound can cut out at anytime. Can this be fixed?

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 2:42 AM

Thanks Leanne for replying, yes I tried all your recommendations to trouble shoot audio sync issues on my new Apple TV 4K's 'Home Sharing' from iMac's iTunes (version 12.8.3.1) and the issue still persists. I also tried Ethernet cable plugged in direct from WiFi modem to the back of the Apple TV 4K and still Home Sharing audio sync issues.

I found this recent ongoing thread very helpful to isolate the issue: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252716640?answerId=255121713022#255121713022

Seems the audio sync issue is new since TVOS 14.4 updated to TVOS 14.5 and currently 14.6. The issue is consistent across all Apple TV 4k models and Apple TV HD models who did the upgrade. It also seems to be an issue on MP4s with stereo sound, instead of Dolby 5.1 sound.

I spoke to Apple again and the retailer I purchased it from to arrange either a refund or replacement.

If I go replacement and try again, it's been recommended to keep software running 14.4 out of the box and disable 'auto update' software until Apple acknowledge and fix the fault on a furture upgrade.

Note: The Apple TV3 I tested here today using same Wi-Fi, same iMac/same iTunes to Home Share has no audio sync issues & never has.

Note: TVOS 14.6 which auto updated 2 days ago on my Apple TV 4K box DID NOT FIX 'Home Sharing' Audio Sync issues.

Hope this info all helps.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 2:42 AM in response to Leanne_68

Thanks Leanne for replying, yes I tried all your recommendations to trouble shoot audio sync issues on my new Apple TV 4K's 'Home Sharing' from iMac's iTunes (version 12.8.3.1) and the issue still persists. I also tried Ethernet cable plugged in direct from WiFi modem to the back of the Apple TV 4K and still Home Sharing audio sync issues.

I found this recent ongoing thread very helpful to isolate the issue: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252716640?answerId=255121713022#255121713022

Seems the audio sync issue is new since TVOS 14.4 updated to TVOS 14.5 and currently 14.6. The issue is consistent across all Apple TV 4k models and Apple TV HD models who did the upgrade. It also seems to be an issue on MP4s with stereo sound, instead of Dolby 5.1 sound.

I spoke to Apple again and the retailer I purchased it from to arrange either a refund or replacement.

If I go replacement and try again, it's been recommended to keep software running 14.4 out of the box and disable 'auto update' software until Apple acknowledge and fix the fault on a furture upgrade.

Note: The Apple TV3 I tested here today using same Wi-Fi, same iMac/same iTunes to Home Share has no audio sync issues & never has.

Note: TVOS 14.6 which auto updated 2 days ago on my Apple TV 4K box DID NOT FIX 'Home Sharing' Audio Sync issues.

Hope this info all helps.

Jun 7, 2021 8:42 AM in response to OzLou

Thanks for reaching out, OzLou!

It sounds like you're sharing content between devices on the same network, and the video and audio is not staying synced. We can help.

First, we'll want to make sure you can play the media file without issue when not sharing it between devices. If you can, then we'll want to restart the Wi-Fi network you're using and each of the devices, then try again. If restarting the network isn't possible, we can try using a different Wi-Fi network instead.

Let us know how it goes.

We are here for you.

Apple TV 4K 2021 model audio sync issues with home sharing from iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.