Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock

I have purchased an Apple iPhone se from Facebook Marketplace in the UK where I live. I have done a factory data reset and it is asking for the apple email and password because the former owner did not disassociate his account from the phone. I have tried to contact the seller but he has disappeared off the Marketplace. I contacted the police and the phone has not been reported stolen according to RTIU intelligence unit Check. How can I unlock the activation lock without jail breaking the phone which of course I do not want to do. Thanks.

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 10:14 AM

4 replies

Jun 6, 2021 11:58 AM in response to Eric Root

Then Facebook are responsible for this. They have no system in place to verify purchases made on their platform. I suggest no one to use Facebook as it is not safe as this matter clearly indicates. I have also exhausted my efforts with Apple and as a new customer and keen to use Apple products, I will certainly not recommend them and will choose another company. I have no choice now other than to jailbreak the phone....what a pity.

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.