Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

McAfee

I need to uninstall McAfee. My internet provider prompted me to download it for free as part of my internet service. I wish I had never clicked it. It never finished setting up because once I clicked it, I realized I shouldn't have. Every few minutes I am getting McAfee pop ups and alerts, while at the same time it asks me to click ok to "continue your setup" to install. I have clicked "ok" 1,000 times, because there is no option to X it out or close, or even throw in trash. It never ends. It keeps interupting my "system services" and my "privacy and security." These boxes keep popping up while I am trying to do my college coursework online. Please help.

I can't figure out how to TRASH any McAfee applications...it says I cannot throw in trash because it is open. How do I close it? IT IS A MACBOOK PRO / macOS Big Sur 11.3.1

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 4:23 AM

Would suggest Contacting the Developer of the Application for the Specific Instructions to remove their Application.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB61125

1 reply

McAfee

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.