Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I reformat a internal disk drive?

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 5:07 AM

Assuming your device is a Mac then what processor is inside? Intel or M1?

How to start up from macOS Recovery

Restart your Mac and hold down command-R to boot into recovery mode. Once there you can launch Disk Utility to erase and reformat the internal storage. You can also reinstall macOS in recovery mode.

But before doing that please tell us why you want to reformat your internal drive. What problems are leading to do this? Perhaps we can offer an alternative solution that doesn’t involve such a radical action.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2021 5:07 AM in response to edmatos

Assuming your device is a Mac then what processor is inside? Intel or M1?

How to start up from macOS Recovery

Restart your Mac and hold down command-R to boot into recovery mode. Once there you can launch Disk Utility to erase and reformat the internal storage. You can also reinstall macOS in recovery mode.

But before doing that please tell us why you want to reformat your internal drive. What problems are leading to do this? Perhaps we can offer an alternative solution that doesn’t involve such a radical action.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.