Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UPDATED IPAD NOW WONT START.

I updated the itunes on my ipad and now it wont start, just the apple logo. Tried to update on the computer but it says download the latest version first. Itunes on the computer says no new downloads. Tried all fixes including a couple of the free downloads on the internet, but these say there are currently no fixes for this problem.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 3:59 PM

3 replies

Jun 7, 2021 4:05 PM in response to paver5411

If iPad isn’t responding, do one of the following:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If iPad still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support. Or if your iPad isn’t working correctly after you restart it, see the iPad Support 

Jun 7, 2021 6:40 PM in response to paver5411

I have fixed this problem and will now explain how for anyone who might have the same issues.

The Itunes app on my computer continued to tell me that there were no new updates and since it had updated the previous day I thought that maybe it was the problem, so I uninstalled the app on my windows 10 and then re installed it again. This time when I connected the ipad to the computer I again held down the home button and the on button until the connecting cord was displayed on the screen. I connected it to the computer and pressed update on the itunes app and this time the ipad did an update and restarted. So the problem was not with the ipad but with the itunes app on the computer.

Jun 7, 2021 4:25 PM in response to LotusPilot

I have done all of these things. I got up yesterday and the ipad had done an update overnight, but needed to be connected to computer. I did that and then Itunes on computer needed to update first, did that and then it uploaded to the ipad. GREAT all fixed. Later, each time I opened an app on the ipad it would disappear , so I turned it off and went to restart again and now it wont start. Today I have tried to connect to computer itunes to fix this but it says "to update ipad to IPAD OS14.6 you need to install the latest version of Itunes" I checked for updates on the itunes app on the computer, but it says there are no new updates.

UPDATED IPAD NOW WONT START.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.