Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time covering Always On apps

Is there a way to stop the clock from covering up the app that I’m using when “Always On” is on? It’s kinda pointless when using it for navigation, which is the ONLY reason I upgraded.

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 6:56 PM

When you have the Watch in Always on, you will not see the navigation. You will need to raise your wrist to get the Watch to wake up to be able to see the navigation. The only thing you can see with Always on is the Watch face itself. So, what you are showing in the photo is correct for a Watch that is in the Always on, but it not awake.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2021 6:56 PM in response to joelfrompalmyra

When you have the Watch in Always on, you will not see the navigation. You will need to raise your wrist to get the Watch to wake up to be able to see the navigation. The only thing you can see with Always on is the Watch face itself. So, what you are showing in the photo is correct for a Watch that is in the Always on, but it not awake.

Jun 9, 2021 8:03 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

No… the “workout” application stays on and does not get covered by the time. And I agree that is “correct” in the sense that it does this on every watch, evidently, but that does not equate to being “right”… why would Apple require you to have to fidget with the watch in order to TRY to get it to “wake” while you are driving? That’s dangerous in traffic when you’re trying to see exactly where to turn or which exit when A and B split… When your arm is up, driving, it goes to sleep and simply turning your wrist to look rarely, if ever, wakes it up. That makes it no different than it NOT being in Always On. And I just waisted my money when I specifically told the girl at Apple store THAT is why I wanted the 6 and she assured me that if I wanted to use navigation and always be able to see it without having to try and wake it, the 6 is the one I should upgrade to.

this has to be addressed (no pun intended)

Time covering Always On apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.