Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I setup app to backup to icloud

How do I setup app to backup to icloud?

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 2:35 PM

Hi Lwaziob,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you'r trying to back up specific content to iCloud. You can enable available apps in Settings > [your name] > iCloud. You will still third-party apps listed towards the bottom of this screen. If the app is not listed, it's up to the app developer to make it available for use with iCloud.

Warm regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 2:35 PM in response to Lwaziob

Hi Lwaziob,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you'r trying to back up specific content to iCloud. You can enable available apps in Settings > [your name] > iCloud. You will still third-party apps listed towards the bottom of this screen. If the app is not listed, it's up to the app developer to make it available for use with iCloud.

Warm regards.

Jun 8, 2021 3:46 PM in response to Lwaziob

Hey Lwaziob,

You can back up your content to iCloud that is not already syncing to iCloud. For example, you have Photos enabled. Since you sync your photos using iCloud Photos, they are not included in your iCloud backup. The photos sync to your device from iCloud once you are signed in to iCloud on your devices. How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch can help with backing up. You can also back up to your computer.

Once you have a completed backup, you can begin to delete content from your device that you do not need readily available such as photos, videos, large message threads, voice memos, email attachments, music, documents. How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch can assist with this step.

Restart iPhone after you have deleted the content and check your storage amount.

Regards.

How do I setup app to backup to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.