Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i uploaded over 1000 photos from my phone to my icloud and they are all gone! Help!

I uploaded over 1000 photos from my phone to my iCloud to free up space on my phone, they were all on my iCloud in date order etc, I saw them all and even opened them up to check, so I logged off and deleted them from my phone. I checked back into my I cloud a few weeks later and they are all gone!! They are not in my deleted folder or anywhere?? I'm extremely devastated and angry as i thought by uploading them to my iCloud they would be safe as I was worried about losing them on my phone but somethings happened and now they have vanished.

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 2:23 AM

If designated iCloud storage limit was crossed the data will never save in iCloud server , it could be photos or other apple applications synced with iCloud .

See these articles Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Read the section - What happens when I go over my iCloud storage limit?

See this article Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Make sure you have turned on settings as per this article Use iCloud Photos on iPhone - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 2:23 AM in response to Dunk_82

If designated iCloud storage limit was crossed the data will never save in iCloud server , it could be photos or other apple applications synced with iCloud .

See these articles Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Read the section - What happens when I go over my iCloud storage limit?

See this article Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Make sure you have turned on settings as per this article Use iCloud Photos on iPhone - Apple Support

Jun 9, 2021 11:26 AM in response to Dunk_82

You wrote - , I saw them all and even opened them up to check, so I logged off and deleted them from my phone. I checked back into my I cloud a few weeks later and they are all gone!! - after signing out how can you delete photos ??

Did you signed out Apple ID from iPhone Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

And selected don't keep a copy of photos , so the photos were not saved in the device / iPhone but they are not erased from iCloud server .

Again sign in with same Apple ID and password Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

And turn on photos box if the photos are yet on icloud server , they must sync Turn iCloud features on or off - Apple Support

i uploaded over 1000 photos from my phone to my icloud and they are all gone! Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.