Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zoom feature isn't saving the last zoom level

I use the accessibility zoom feature. When I either triple tap on the trackpad or press option-command-8 then it toggles zoom on. From there I can change the zoom level by using either triple tap and drag on the trackpad, option-command-+/-, or control and 2 finger drag on the trackpad. I can then use the same methods above to toggle the zoom back off. My problem is that when I toggle it back on I'm expecting things to return to the same zoom level I just used. This is so I don't have to constantly reset the zoom level whenever I use it. Is there a way to save the zoom level?

One other method to mention is the ability to temporarily toggle zoom on/off using option-control. This is actually the one I use most frequently but I didn't want to lump it in with the others since it's temporary. In the end I experience the same results as above. I also mention this separately because I have the ability to save the zoom level but this is only the case when zoom is already on. When I press option-control to temporarily toggle zoom off and then let go of the keys to toggle it back on it returns to that same zoom level.

By the way, there's a magnification setting in the zoom preferences that I can adjust. I'm actually not sure what that does because I don't see any noticeable changes. I'm including a screenshot just in case. Thanks for your help.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 8:24 PM

Thank you for directing me to the zoom documentation. It didn't address my question but I did play around with the options to view full screen, split screen and Picture in Picture. What I discovered is that the zoom levels are saved for the latter 2 but not for full screen. I'll dig into this further.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2021 8:24 PM in response to Erica_S1

Thank you for directing me to the zoom documentation. It didn't address my question but I did play around with the options to view full screen, split screen and Picture in Picture. What I discovered is that the zoom levels are saved for the latter 2 but not for full screen. I'll dig into this further.

Zoom feature isn't saving the last zoom level

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.