Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

payment needs editing but cannot submit expiration date on credit card

payment needs editing but cannot submit expiration date for credit card

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 1:35 PM

2 replies

Jul 2, 2021 11:27 AM in response to helpppp1

I was in a continuous loop to update my credit card on my Mac and on my iPhone.

1. First, when in Mac > System Preferences > Apple ID, I could update the expiration date on my existing but there was no CCV field. Then it would error because I hadn't entered the CCV, still with no CCV field to enter it into. (See screenshot below.)
  2. In the App Store on my Mac, I couldn't update my existing, expired card at all. I also couldn't remove the expired card because it is used for subscriptions. I couldn't add my card with the new expiration date and CCV because the card already existed on file.
  3. Same thing as #2 happened on my iPhone > Settings > Payment & Shipping.
  4. Finally, in the Wallet app on my iPhone, I was able to delete the old card without running into the subscription block and add it as a new card.

Really, really poor interface. People's credit cards expire every few years. It should be trivial to allow them to update the expiration date and CCV on file. Or, at the very least, in the areas mentioned in 1–3, direct people to the Wallet app if that is the only place they can update.

payment needs editing but cannot submit expiration date on credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.