Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I set up a family sharing account and get more storage than we currently have can both my husband and I who have separate apple id's add our photos to the cloud?

If I set up a family sharing account and get more storage than we currently have can both my husband and I who have separate apple id's add our photos to the cloud?

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 2:02 PM

Yes. Be aware that your Photos will be stored under your own Apple ID and will be separate from your husband's. See the following from Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

When you share a storage plan, your photos and documents stay private and everyone keeps using their own accounts with iCloud—just like when you have your own storage plan. You simply share the space available in the iCloud storage plan with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 2:02 PM in response to LovinthisLife

Yes. Be aware that your Photos will be stored under your own Apple ID and will be separate from your husband's. See the following from Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

When you share a storage plan, your photos and documents stay private and everyone keeps using their own accounts with iCloud—just like when you have your own storage plan. You simply share the space available in the iCloud storage plan with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

Jun 8, 2021 2:25 PM in response to LovinthisLife

Sharing a storage plan doesn't give you any access to his photos that you don't have when not sharing a storage plan -- as stated in the first reply:

However, whether or not you share a storage plan, you can share specific photos. See the following from Family Sharing - Apple

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added. 

and also see: How to share albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.