Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use Apple TV App without an Apple device?

I'm signing into my Apple TV app on my Samsung Smart TV and it says before using this Apple ID on my Apple TV you must first log into an it's device,Mac or pc.

I don't have an Apple tv or I Phone or Mac

How do I get to work?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 7:37 PM

Without Apple hardware, I would advise to install iTunes for Windows to help manage your account on a PC.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

If you set up the Apple TV app on your smart TV, you might be redirected to activate.apple.com to create your Apple ID.

If you see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes
f you created a new Apple ID on the web and see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes, follow the steps below for your device: 
• On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Open Settings, then tap "Sign into device" and sign in with your Apple ID.
• On a Mac: Choose Apple menu﹥System Preferences, then select Apple ID and sign in with your Apple ID
• On an Apple TV box: Sign in to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Music with your Apple ID. 
• On a PC: Sign in to iTunes with your Apple ID.
• On an Android device: Sign in to Apple Music on Android with your Apple ID.

To get it to work, complete the necessary information.

- Confirm the email address by responding to the confirmation message

- Enter your legal name, address, country, DoB

- Enter a payment method for optional future expenses. Subscriptions (like Apple TV+), even free trial periods, require a payment method up front for the time after the trial.

With the Apple TV app on your smart TV, you can access:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 7:37 PM in response to hovjim

Without Apple hardware, I would advise to install iTunes for Windows to help manage your account on a PC.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

If you set up the Apple TV app on your smart TV, you might be redirected to activate.apple.com to create your Apple ID.

If you see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes
f you created a new Apple ID on the web and see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes, follow the steps below for your device: 
• On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Open Settings, then tap "Sign into device" and sign in with your Apple ID.
• On a Mac: Choose Apple menu﹥System Preferences, then select Apple ID and sign in with your Apple ID
• On an Apple TV box: Sign in to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Music with your Apple ID. 
• On a PC: Sign in to iTunes with your Apple ID.
• On an Android device: Sign in to Apple Music on Android with your Apple ID.

To get it to work, complete the necessary information.

- Confirm the email address by responding to the confirmation message

- Enter your legal name, address, country, DoB

- Enter a payment method for optional future expenses. Subscriptions (like Apple TV+), even free trial periods, require a payment method up front for the time after the trial.

With the Apple TV app on your smart TV, you can access:

How to use Apple TV App without an Apple device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.