Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac wont recognize i phone

mac with osx wont recognize iphone 12. how do i gwt my mac book pro to recognize i phone

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 6:11 PM

What Mac OS X version are you using in Apple menu -> About This Mac?

If you are using Mac OS X 10.11.6 through Mac OS X 10.14.6, you use iTunes and connect with the same cord you use to connect the power brick to your phone, but instead connect its wider end to the computer.

If you have authorized music, and have enabled Multi-factor authentication, you may need to use Mac OS 10.12.4 or later to authenticate the Mac.

If you are using 10.15 and up, you will use the Finder to see the device.

11.0 to 11.4 are newer.

Image Capture on earlier systems will let you at least manage the videos and photos you capture on the phone.

Note, if your Mac has USB-C, there are special charger cables that are USB-C to link to your phone.

Airdrop if supported uses wireless to connect the two.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203106

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 6:11 PM in response to wcd3

What Mac OS X version are you using in Apple menu -> About This Mac?

If you are using Mac OS X 10.11.6 through Mac OS X 10.14.6, you use iTunes and connect with the same cord you use to connect the power brick to your phone, but instead connect its wider end to the computer.

If you have authorized music, and have enabled Multi-factor authentication, you may need to use Mac OS 10.12.4 or later to authenticate the Mac.

If you are using 10.15 and up, you will use the Finder to see the device.

11.0 to 11.4 are newer.

Image Capture on earlier systems will let you at least manage the videos and photos you capture on the phone.

Note, if your Mac has USB-C, there are special charger cables that are USB-C to link to your phone.

Airdrop if supported uses wireless to connect the two.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203106

mac wont recognize i phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.