Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have updated backed up the new iPad. iTunes changed the name I would like a different name How do I do that then out the device with my other devices ?

How do I change the name of a new device (iPad) it has been updated/ backed up and added to my devices ?

iPad Mini 5, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 10:44 AM

To change the name of the device:

Settings > General > About > Name - edit the device name as required, then move back one level.

Next, to ensure that all your other devices are aware of the updated device name - shut-down and restart the iPad:

Settings > General > Shut Down

Additional information can be found here:

Change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2021 10:44 AM in response to pamkba

To change the name of the device:

Settings > General > About > Name - edit the device name as required, then move back one level.

Next, to ensure that all your other devices are aware of the updated device name - shut-down and restart the iPad:

Settings > General > Shut Down

Additional information can be found here:

Change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

I have updated backed up the new iPad. iTunes changed the name I would like a different name How do I do that then out the device with my other devices ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.