Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the apple gift cards not working for my phone I’m trying to update my apps and its not letting me

Why is the apple gift cards not working for my phone I’m trying to update my apps and its not letting me

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 9:42 PM

Amyv1 Said:

"Why is the apple gift cards not working for my phone I’m trying to update my apps and its not letting me"

-------

What to do:

Adding a Gift Card: Try adding these using your computer, as it would be more user-friendly doing so.

If of No Success...

I. You Need to Contact the Seller:

Whomever the seller is, ask them for a refund.

II. Where was this Purchased?

A. Online?:

If this was purchased online (i.e. eBay) then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable and if you can get your money back.

B. In-Person?:

If this as purchased in person, then there may be nothing you can do but contact them, asking for your monkey back.

Or...

C. A Retailer?:

If purchased at a retailer, take it back, asking what your options are for return. Gift Card return policies vary by rules of law. So, take to the Manager, asking if you can get a new card.

III. Avoiding Scams:

In all recommend getting it at a retailer - that way you can easily avoid scams. Getting it online might result in scams (and plenty are reported). So, go to a retailer, and then add it to your Apple Account right then-and-there after the transaction goes through at the cash register. It'd be more safe, from what read on these forums.

Go Here:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 9:42 PM in response to Amyv1

Amyv1 Said:

"Why is the apple gift cards not working for my phone I’m trying to update my apps and its not letting me"

-------

What to do:

Adding a Gift Card: Try adding these using your computer, as it would be more user-friendly doing so.

If of No Success...

I. You Need to Contact the Seller:

Whomever the seller is, ask them for a refund.

II. Where was this Purchased?

A. Online?:

If this was purchased online (i.e. eBay) then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable and if you can get your money back.

B. In-Person?:

If this as purchased in person, then there may be nothing you can do but contact them, asking for your monkey back.

Or...

C. A Retailer?:

If purchased at a retailer, take it back, asking what your options are for return. Gift Card return policies vary by rules of law. So, take to the Manager, asking if you can get a new card.

III. Avoiding Scams:

In all recommend getting it at a retailer - that way you can easily avoid scams. Getting it online might result in scams (and plenty are reported). So, go to a retailer, and then add it to your Apple Account right then-and-there after the transaction goes through at the cash register. It'd be more safe, from what read on these forums.

Go Here:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.