Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus. iOS 14.6 upgrade has disabled my ability to make and receive calls.

In upgrading my phone to iOS 14.6 i am now no longer able to made calls. Cannot hear the dial tone. Speaker definitely works fine. Unable to test mic in other apps as also appears disabled. I have tried all the usual recommendations. Hard reset. reset. reset 5 times (surprisingly this enabled it for a very short time period). Whatsap is the same.

Tried plugging in my apple ear set and mic that came with the phone. This also does not work.

All other apps, web, etc etc etc seems to be working fine.

Your upgrade means that I have a smart phone that apparently is now only smart... it no longer operates as a phone.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 5:44 AM

3 replies

Jun 17, 2021 3:29 PM in response to kb1951

I was having the same problem with the phone not working after the update. After trying everything in the above-linked article (none of which worked), I followed the instructions here: If you see an Update Failed or Apple Pay Not Available alert after iOS update or restart - Apple Support and ended up having to restore the phone to factory settings and reinstall the new iOS. After reinstalling iOS, while going through the Set Up Manually process, I got to a screen saying "Unable to Activate: An Update is required to activate your iPhone" and giving me a "Shutdown" button.

iPhone 7 Plus. iOS 14.6 upgrade has disabled my ability to make and receive calls.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.