Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pairing two speakers

Hello , how to add two Bluetooth speakers on iPhone 12, please?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 9:28 PM

Hello and thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it doesn’t answer my question. As you can see from my picts, i can connect the two speakers via Bluetooth, but afterwards when I try to make the sound, the application doesn’t allowed to do so. Checking on the web, I saw some tutorials and on iphone 8 this was possible, but not on iphone12.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 9:28 PM in response to chris_g1

Hello and thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it doesn’t answer my question. As you can see from my picts, i can connect the two speakers via Bluetooth, but afterwards when I try to make the sound, the application doesn’t allowed to do so. Checking on the web, I saw some tutorials and on iphone 8 this was possible, but not on iphone12.

Jun 10, 2021 8:38 AM in response to Callangelo

Hello Callangelo! Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you want to pair two Bluetooth speakers as an output for your iPhone 12. We'd like to look into this with you to see how we can help.

For third party speakers, you'll want to connect with the manufacturers of those Bluetooth speakers to see what options they have for pairing their speakers with another.

Apple has this option for HomePod stereo pairing. You can see how to join two HomePod speakers here: Set up HomePod stereo pairing

Make it a great day!

Jun 14, 2021 9:44 AM in response to Callangelo

Callangelo wrote:

Hello Chris_D13,

I must admit, I was expecting from my iphone to pair the two speakers, since this option was already possible in previous iphone versions. I cannot believe apple took out this very useful feature.

While you can pair your phone to multiple speakers, you can only be connected to one at a time. It wasn't any different in any previous iPhone. There are some speaker manufacturers who offer apps that will allow you to connect more than one of the same speaker to an iPhone at once and get a stereo effect. I know I had two UE speakers that I could do that with through the UE app.

pairing two speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.