Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing emails

I sat down to begin work this morning and all my emails from may and june are gone. In fact, when I look at all the emails they appear to be junky ones that were never opened but not deleted. Is there a way to retrieve these missing emails? I've checked spotlight and nothing is set in privacy there. I've checked all the other folders in the mail window and trash and junk. no luck. I have gone to the mailbox menu and chosen synchronize and chosen rebuild. I am now getting new ones but still missing all of the last two months. help!?

iMac 27″, 10.13

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 6:30 AM

9 replies

Jun 9, 2021 8:42 AM in response to Mcpuzzled

OK, anxious to hear what is going on, if they are there it'd be a good idea to do this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Jun 9, 2021 9:27 AM in response to Mcpuzzled

OK, then...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Then Rebuild again.

Missing emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.