Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does updating to a newly released version of IOS get you out of the beta software?

So factory reseting and the restore option does not work. After each, it still is on the Developers beta IOS 15. Is there a way to update out of a beta. So if that does not work, could I wait till the next IOS release and just update then. Because technically you can not downgrade to a lower IOS. It is not that big of a deal, but like said before would still like to use the phone.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 9:12 AM

No! You have to remove the Beta Testing profile from your phone to leave the testing program. I think you may also be able unenroll your device via the Beta Software testing section on the web (but please don’t quote me on that…). I’ve similar removed the iOS Beta testing profile from my phone in the past when I’ve wanted to leave the program. But WHY would you want to withdraw from something that gives us early access to new features???

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2021 9:12 AM in response to BudGetTheCam

No! You have to remove the Beta Testing profile from your phone to leave the testing program. I think you may also be able unenroll your device via the Beta Software testing section on the web (but please don’t quote me on that…). I’ve similar removed the iOS Beta testing profile from my phone in the past when I’ve wanted to leave the program. But WHY would you want to withdraw from something that gives us early access to new features???

Jun 9, 2021 9:13 AM in response to BudGetTheCam

Did you actually read anything in the link?

Remove the public beta by deleting the beta profile

If you used a computer to install an iOS beta, you need to restore iOS to remove the beta version.

The easiest way to remove the public beta is to delete the beta profile, then wait for the next software update. Here's what to do: 

Update when an alert says a new iOS update is now available

If you see this alert, it means that the version of iOS beta on your device expired and you need to update. Tap Settings > General > Software Update and install the update.

Jun 9, 2021 9:08 AM in response to kb1951

Already tried that. It is stuck on IOS 15. I stated that above. Yall dont even read the paragraph just the question. I told you all you needed to know in the paragraph and you all keep giving me the same link. I asked a question total different than what that says. I asked "Does updating to a newly released version of IOS get you out of the beta software?" how does that link help me? It doesn't.

Does updating to a newly released version of IOS get you out of the beta software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.