Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updating network software on iOS

I got an error message that my network software needs to update on my iPhone7. When I tried updating it using iTunes, the phone whent back to factory reset.

How can I update the network software?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 11:49 AM

4 replies

Jun 10, 2021 8:06 AM in response to Ijustwanttolookattheforums

Thank you for your reply.

My phone went into "No service" mode with a message that said I had to update my softwear to use cellular service.

After updating, I still could not use it. Everything else worked on WiFi. I had already made a backup, so a friend suggested I factory reset, go into DFU mode, and update the celullar softwear via iTunes.

Firmwear, softwear, iOS 14.6,.. all up to date, but still can't set up the phone.

Message on screen - "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be activated because the activation information coud not be obtained from the device."

Jun 10, 2021 9:20 AM in response to khaliil01

All you needed was to update carrier settings as per my reply. Now you are trying to activate the phone without cellular service which will not work.

Try simply removing the SIM while phone is on and put it back.

We now have to assume that the phone is not locked to another provider amd the SIM is not faulty. We can’t check any of that stuck in the the middle of an activation

updating network software on iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.