Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone forces me to change my passcode periodically

At one point I installed some security software on my iPhone so I could use it for work (email, etc.). The software forced me to change my passcode periodically (every 60-90 days). I don’t remember the name of the software and I uninstalled it long ago. I may not have uninstalled the software correctly because I am still forced to change my passcode periodically, which I would rather not have to do.

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 1:31 PM

I finally stumbled on the offending “Management Profile” and removed it. I believe it was in General-> Device Management-> Management Profile

6 replies

Jun 9, 2021 1:19 PM in response to donbrennen

donbrennen wrote:

If I restore iOS, then I’ll want to restore from backup so I don’t loose everything. I’ve restored from backup a few times and this problem has come back every time. How do I go about restoring iOS then recovering everything from backup without reintroducing the problem again.

You may not be able to.

This can happen if you simply delete a management profile without having the IT department that manages it reverse the changes out of your device first.

Phone forces me to change my passcode periodically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.